Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Toe Loop & Salchow

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Got to see skate buddies Brenna and Amber before they head out to competition... nice! Other than that and a couple of others it was pretty quiet.

Today's lesson:

  • toe loop -- some more work on this.  I am getting myself to jump but the timing is still wrong.  We worked on it off ice briefly -- JJ had me practice just jumping up from the  "9 o'clock" position on the left foot and landing on the right (so, a 3/4 jump).  Then back on the ice.  The irony is that before I was jumping too late (toe-waltz) and now I'm jumping too early.  Oh well, it's actually progress I think.
  • salchow -- I actually made some progress on getting myself to slow this down a bit and not rushing.  Timing is better but I'm not doing much of a jump, yet.  Still, it's progress I think. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home