Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.

I warmed up working on Bronze moves (except circle-8) and then a bunch of time on toe loop and salchow.  It's about the same as yesterday.  I also ran through my program once without music.  Ugh.  The good news is I remembered everything.  I really need to work on the footwork parts though as they really stink.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- mmph.  I got one good one (about 3 revs) in my warmup.  Most of these stunk.  I did get one really good one. I think the difference is that I actually need to stop worrying so much about bringing it around and all these other technique things and really concentrate on the two things that I think are key.. 1) Getting over the left side, and 2) sticking with it.  I say that because I've had some spins that were pretty good in spite of entry and setup being lacking, because the one thing they had was those two things.
  • windup -- I got a couple that were 2 revs.  Ugh.
The schedule is up for Sherwood -- looks like figures are moved to Saturday evening instead of morning.  Yay!  On the other hand there's no practice ice just for figures, so oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home