Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Spins & Patch

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  We had 6 people on this session! and 3 coaches... so kinda busy.

I warmed up working on salchow and toe loop and some Bronze moves.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- these were mostly pretty ucky.  Couldn't get over my L side to save my life, for the most part.  When I did, I didn't stick with it, or I rushed.  Just yucky.
  • windup -- these were actually better.  I got one that was kinda okay and I wasn't rushing for the most part.

I've decided I'm not going to continue spins lessons after this month.  I feel like I'm not making any progress and I've been sinking money into this for several months now.  I'm not sure what the correct approach is but what I'm doing isn't working so it's time to try something different.  Anyway I can't really afford to add in my speed/power lessons with Holly on top of this.

After the session there was no one on the subsequent session so I paid my $14 walk-on and changed into my patch skates and skated for half an hour.  Unfortunately 10 minutes in someone else came on the session so no more private ice -- and it was pretty crappy beat-up ice anyway.  Still I was glad to get some more time on the BO8.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home