Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Competition Prep

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson was all prep for Saturday's competition:

  • FO8 -- we did several layouts of these.  Not too bad.  I really do need to watch that first push though as the first couple of times I was having issues with my body position. Ugh.
  • BO8 -- the bulk of our time.  The first couple were not good... after that they were better and the last couple were really pretty good.  I was doing a much better job of keeping the skating shoulder back on the first part of the circle, esp. on the RBO.  The only remaining problem is that on the very last circle (3rd LBO) I was consistently cutting the 2nd half of the circle in.  I don't know why, but it happened like 3 times! Ugh. 
In general, while I wish I had a couple of weeks more it will have to do... oh well!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home