Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler Ice CafĂ© for patch practice today, my last practice in patch before the competition Saturday.  Nice fresh ice and only 4 of us on the session.  I took a break in the middle during the lesson since I couldn't do MITF in my patch blades.

For both of my chunks of practice time I worked on FO8 first, then BO8.  FO8 is not bad and I'm feeling reasonably good about it.  BO8 was much better on this nice clean ice -- flow was great.  I'm having issues though in getting my tracing to be consistent; I don't know if it's that I'm pushing too hard on subsequent pushes, or what. I'm also still seeing a bit of the issue on the 3rd LBO cutting in on the 2nd half of the circle, but not all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home