Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Toe Loop & Salchow

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with Bronze moves and also did some spins.

Today's lesson:

  • toe loop -- we worked more on this; it's coming along.  JJ had me work to really stretch the L hand forward in opposition to the leg reaching back on the entry.  I'm still landing on two feet and most of the takeoff is from two feet also but the timing is mostly correct.  Still needs a lot of work but I'm feeling better about this.
  • salchow -- once again I got one good one and the rest not so great.  I think I'm still rushing a bit; I still don't have a feel for the timing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home