Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 04, 2015

3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  This was some time we were supposed to have a couple of weeks ago that got postponed, just a 20 minute lesson.

I warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:
  • 3s to center -- we worked just on improving the 3s to fix the flats I tend to have coming out of the turn and to make them more precise.  We made a little progress.  I need to make the actual turn at a quicker tempo.  We especially worked on bending the knee after the turn and this actually happened (a bit)!  Yay!
  • BO3s -- I thought I would work on these a little with Lynne since we'd not worked on back 3s at all in like a year, and never in patch skates.  Just doing a back two-foot turn in patch blades was ... interesting, but quickly got better.  These weren't particularly happening today but I think I did make some progress in the little time I had on them.  Yay!
After my lesson I worked on FO8 and waltz-8.  The ice was pretty crappy on this session and it was hard to see; plus, little holes etc. in the ice that don't matter in my FS blades really impact me in patch -- either they slow me down considerably or they make me stumble or fall.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home