Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 28, 2015

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I warmed up with some Bronze moves and tried a few spins also.

Today's lesson was really taxing:

  • stroking -- pushing for speed. I think I am doing better.  The session was relatively crowded (11 skaters) and I wasn't convinced they would hear my coming since some of them are wearing earphones etc. so I was a little nervous.  I do think I'm going faster.  Holly challenged me to keep up with her and I couldn't.
  • harness -- towing Holly in the harness.  Ugh.  After a lap of this she had me skate a lap of stroking and I was really flying, it felt so much easier without her behind me, lol :-).
  • resistance -- pushing Holly while she rode her toepicks.  Somewhat different muscles than the harness.  Again a lap after.
  • forward swizzle-tap -- swizzle then jump and tap the boots together.  Forward was a bit scary.  It got better though.
  • backward swizzle-tap -- after forward these seemed relatively easy.  For the last half-lap Holly put some resistance on as I was towing her.  Yikes.
There was more on the menu but at this point I was rather dizzy and had to sit down for a bit.  This was about 17 minutes' worth so I almost made it the full 20.  I didn't get a chance to eat a good breakfast today due to a bunch of stuff at work and some other issues, so I'm sure that's part of it.  I'll try to be better prepared for next week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home