Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Preliminary Test

My lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  We had our lesson right at the start of the session.  We had a quick debrief of the competition, then on to work.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- Not bad.  My 2nd LFO was really wide as I had a hard time getting over the edge quickly that time.  Other than that it was decent.
  • FI8 --pretty nice.
  • waltz-8 -- ugh.  I have not done these in a while and it really really showed.  My turns were really horrible, cutting in on the L side BO edge and having a hard time with the R side BO edge.  Yuck.
After the lesson I stayed to do the patch class.  I spent most of my time working on the waltz-8 and especially the BO edge and step forward.  Ugh.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home