Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Jumps & Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I had private ice!  I warmed up with Bronze moves.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz jump -- just a couple.  The first one was okay but when we looked at the print I didn't come off the toe straight. JJ says I'm tending to want to get to the landing before I've finished taking off :-).  I did another one that was much better, so we moved on.
  • toe loop -- Working still on keeping the upper body turned into the circle on the entry.  These are pretty decent except, of course, that I'm still landing on two feet.  Urgh.
  • salchow -- about the same.  I really need to not rush these, my timing is just off.
  • back spin prep -- JJ had me doing a two foot spin and then just feeling my weight on the R foot.  It does flip over to the BO edge; I can feel it.  Can't quite pick up the other foot yet though.
  • loop jump prep --  on the boards, just stepping through an RBO3 w/free foot in front and jump.  Hmmph.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home