Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Edges, Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with some Bronze moves and spins.

Today's lesson:

  • BO edges -- JJ wanted to see me do these down the length of the rink.  I have not done these in freestyle blades in a lonnnng time (I do them all the time in patch) so it was a little weird at first.  They got better, though.
  • waltz jump -- still working to be more consistent on having good form on the takeoff and landing.  I'm tending to have difficulty holding the landing because I let the free side come around.  Bleah.
  • salchow -- Meh.  I had a couple that were almost okay, in that I kept my weight over my skating side.  Most were not so great, though.
  • loop prep/backspin -- we looked a little at body position for this before we ran out of time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home