Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.

I warmed up with some Bronze moves, jumps and spins.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- I'm doing better at maintaining speed.
  • swizzle-cross -- forward, then backward, a full lap of each.  Swizzle, then cross the feet, alternating sides.  Ugh.  I worked on these (forward) with JJ a long time ago I think.
  • FXOs -- first doing a sort of progressive, then a regular crossover, around the big middle circle.  I was going pretty fast and it was kinda scary.
  • BXOs -- same thing as above.  Eeep.  Holly was really pushing me to unscrape them ("big toe push, pinky toe push").  They did improve.
  • pushing -- pushing Holly a full lap of the rink while she braked with her toepicks. It's getting better, actually.
  • alternating lunges -- a full lap, the last half Holly was braking with her toepicks.  Eeep.  So tiring!
  • stroking -- a final lap for the day.  Eep.
I was pretty tired and sweaty afterward but I do think it's getting better.   The speed on the crossovers today was pretty scary though.  Yikes.  No jumping up today but I suppose that will return next week along with slaloms!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home