Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Preliminary Test

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I warmed up with edges while Lynne drew me some circles with my scribe.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- first RFO not so great, but the rest was okay.  Hey, no warmup.
  • FI8 -- pretty nice.
  • waltz-8 -- the bulk of our lesson, of course.  Skating on the scribed circles I'm doing a much better job of keeping the BO edge out more and holding it to the correct spot.  The step forward and FO edge is still quite weak though and it's where we spent most of our time.  Still slogging through...
After my lesson I had about 15 minutes to work on waltz-8 some more during the group lesson. Hmmph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home