Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Preliminary Test & Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I got on and scribed circles then we started.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- pretty nice, actually.  Even the BI is looking pretty good.
  • FO8 -- Actually pretty good.
  • FI8 -- Nice.  Circles were a little smaller than the FO but okay.
  • waltz-8 -- most of our lesson.  Actually, these were about the best they've ever been.  I'm getting a lot more control on the BO edge.  I'm still struggling with the step forward (it's a little better) but the tracing on the BO edge and the placement of the step forward is much better.
  • serpentines -- just a couple of minutes on this.  Actually much, much better than the last time I worked on them.  I actually made it around after the FIO, which surprised me.  The circle after the FOI was weak and I didn't make it around after the first time.
After my lesson I participated in the group lesson, which was mostly power stuff -- a field drill, some swizzle drills, and some other drills she came up with.  It was cool, but a bit challenging in patch blades.

After the group lesson I had a few minutes so I worked on BI8.  Eeep, not so great.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home