Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Preliminary Test & BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I got on and scribed some circles and then we started (no warmup :-( ).

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- pretty good, except for a little wobbliness on the first RFO.  Hey, no warmup.
  • FI8 -- pretty nice.
  • waltz-8 -- this is still slowly improving.  I'm getting much better control on the BO edge and the step forward, while still quite weak, is a bit better.
  • BI8 -- just a few minutes on these.  The initial RBI is not bad.  The LBI is a bit weak but did improve.  The subsequent RBIs were no bueno - I didn't get a good push at first.   I was mostly able to fix this.   I really need more practice time.
After my lesson I had about 10 minutes of the group lesson before I had to leave.  We worked on elements of the Canasta Tango, which is, shall we say, interesting in patch blades.  Oh well it's all good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home