Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 05, 2015

Toe Loop Progress!

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler for practice today.

I spent the first 30 minutes on Bronze moves.  Bleah.  Not impressed, though I have to say I don't think they are particularly worse than when I tested so I guess that's something.   I did some work on power-3s but not much progress.

After that I spent about 20 minutes on jumps.  The thing that made my week was that I managed to start landing the toe loop on one foot!  I was so happy!  I did a few that were the same and then I somehow managed to land one on one foot, and then I did 6 or 7 more!  Then I had a couple that were two-footed but I kept working and got it back.  YAY!  It felt very... easy.  I pray this sticks!

After that I worked on salchow and waltz jumps, then a little time on spins.  I finished up by walking through my program without music. Yikes, I had forgotten a lot.  I think I mostly have it back but I need to watch video again to be sure :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home