Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 02, 2015

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I just had a very brief warmup (stroking, perimeter XOs) and then we got started...

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- as usual.  This is still scary and I think I could probably go a little bit faster than I am.  Eeep.
  • FXOs -- we did these around the circle for a bit, in both directions.  The CW ones were not as bad as I was expecting.  I tend to push so that I'm too forward on the blade on the inside foot, though, and that is unsettling/scary/unstable.  Trying to fix that.
  • FXO pattern --  I whined about how slow I am in the perimeter FXOs, so we spent a little time working on that.  We fixed some things but I still feel like I'm slow :-(.
  • lunges --  one length of the rink pushing Holly and then a whole lap around the rink on my own (first time).  Yikes.  I was able to do them though they were pretty awkward at times.
  • fast swizzles -- a lap of swizzles as fast as I could go.  My quads were already aching from the lunges!  yikes.
All in all good stuff.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home