Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Toe Loop & Loop Prep

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with the first four Bronze Moves.

Today's lesson:
  • toe loop -- I was really curious whether my success from Monday would stick... it did!  I did a bunch that were really good (okay, and a couple that were not).  I even got video of it :-).  Yay!
  • loop prep -- most of the lesson.  As before we did two exercises -- two foot spin and working to get the weight on the R foot on a BO edge, and then stepping through the jump on the wall.  Ugh.  This is slow.  
I'm really stoked about the toe loop -- really, this feels like the first real "breakthrough" moment in literally years.  We'll see.

Alas, due to some schedule changes I'm going to have to move my lessons with JJ to 7 a.m. (ulp!) for the next 4 weeks or so... yikes.  On the positive side I will probably stay and skate two sessions so yay for more ice time!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home