Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 08, 2015

Preliminary Test & Serpentines

My lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  We start right at the beginning of the session, so Lynne scribed circles while I warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- pretty good.
  • FI8 -- really nice.
  • waltz-8 -- still working to get the step forward better.  The BO edges are tracking the circle better but it's still the step forward. Yuck.
  • serpentines -- had not worked on these in a while.  My push for the FO edge is not strong enough, still, and the FOI change of edge is giving me issues.  Weirdly, the FIO change is actually pretty good and I was doing a nice job on the second half of the figure.
After my lesson we had the group lesson, which was also patch.  I worked a little on BO8, then some more serpentines and 3s to center.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home