Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 6:45 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz jump -- trying to be a bit more disciplined on the setup and entry.  JJ suggested I try doing the whole jump on a hockey circle to keep it on one (not-too-curvy) curve.
  • salchow -- I did a couple that were almost okay.  JJ keeps telling me the same thing in different ways, lol.  
  • toe loop -- about where it was on Monday.  Good spring but still landing on two feet. :-(
  • loop prep -- we did the backspin prep exercises (two-foot spin, weight on R foot)  and loop jumps at the wall.  Eeep.
After my lesson I had some time and then skated the 7:30 session as well.  I worked a little on spins but mostly on Moves.  Bleah.  I'm realizing my 3s have gotten really bad.  I spent some time working just on the alternating 3s and I can't do them without putting my foot down, which explains a lot about my problems with both the power-3s and some other places as well.  Yuck.  I need to fix these.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home