Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Preliminary Test & Serpentine

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  We had to move our lessons in November due to schedule conflicts.  I warmed up with edges while Lynne scribed some circles for me.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- actually, pretty nice.
  • FI8 -- pretty good.  After I skated them we were looking at the traces and realized that when I'm pushing on to the new circle I'm tending to put my foot down slightly angled, not smack on the short axis.  I think this is part of the reason my circles were a bit small and also a little diagonal. So I skated the FI8 again paying attention to that and voilĂ ! bigger circles and no crossing of circles on the restart.  I'm really pleased with this correction.
  • waltz-8 -- meh.  About the same as last week.  We did some more work on holding that BO edge and it is a bit better, but the step forward is still weak.
  • serpentine -- Lynne had scribed me 3 circles, so... we did serpentines.  I actually was able to get through the whole thing (starting with each foot!) and made it around the entire time!  That was pretty spectacular.  On the negative side my changes of edge are still taking too long and a bit weak, but they are improving.  I'm pushing a bit harder which made me have a little loss of control at times but if I'm getting around the 1.5 circles then I really can't complain too much I guess.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home