Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Preliminary Test; BO8

My lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- really, really nice.  I was really pleased with them.  Tracing was excellent and pushes were clustered nicely and pretty much in the right spot.
  • FI8 -- very good.
  • waltz-8 -- still working the same points. It seems to be mostly the RBO step forward that is an issue now.  The LBO, while not great, is much better.
  • BO8 -- we had not touched these in a while.  I noticed that my free leg is extended on the RBO but not on the LBO.  Not sure what's up with that, but the LBO certainly looks neater/better and has better form.  I tried to keep the free leg in on the RBO and it weirded me out. I'll have to work on that.
After my lesson we had the group lesson, which was just me and Mary today so we worked on patch some more (Lynne was teaching :-) ).  I worked on serpentines (not bad, actually) and a little on 3s.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home