Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 30, 2015

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate today. I had about a 5 minute warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- I don't think I'm as fast as I was a month ago :-(
  • slalom -- she had me go into this right from stroking so I was already going pretty fast.  Ugh, kinda scary.  My quads were killing me by the end.
  • pushing -- I pushed Holly down the rink (both ways) while she braked with her toepicks.  Not too bad.
  • swizzle pumps -- half-swizzle pumps around the hockey circles, so both directions and forward and back.  Ugh, again my quads were killing me.
  • FI3/twizzle thing -- we did these down the line again, about 4 times.  They got a little better.
  • lunges -- lunges down each length of the rink, alternating feet while pushing Holly.  These were actually not too bad.  I couldn't even really do these on both sides when we started.  Finished with half a lap (that was all I could do).
All in all quite a workout, as usual.  I do think I lost some ground in the time we had off, I was pretty winded by the end.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home