Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, November 16, 2015

Power

I had a power lesson with Holly today on the Gilbert adult skate.  This was make-up for Friday as I had a work function and couldn't attend. I warmed up with stroking, then some spins and waltz jumps and 3s.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- 1.5 laps this time... eep.
  • slalom -- straight from stroking.  1.5 laps also.  I was feeling a bit winded.  I'm getting a little better rhythm to these but my feet are still waay too far apart.
  • FXOs - pre-pre pattern, twice each side.  Not so great.
  • sprints -- ugh.  These are the things where you skate to the blue line, then the red line, then the far blue line.  I'm slow and I take too long to stop.  I need to work on my hockey stops, I've not done them in ages.  Grrr.  After the last one she had me immediately do alternating lunges to the other end of the rink. Bleah.  And then a lap.
  • twizzly-things -- we did the regular ones down the line, then she had me do them on two feet down the line 3 times.  Uck.
  • harness -- pulling her in the harness a full lap, then (of course) another lap of stroking.
All things considered I thought this went fairly well.  Holly wanted me to do jumping jacks on the ice and I demurred but I told her I would try them when I practice.  Yuck.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home