Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the  6:45 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Fortunately this is our last lesson in the early-early time slot. Phew!

Today's lesson:

  • toe loop -- I hadn't told JJ about my success yesterday, and I'm glad I didn't because I couldn't replicate it.  We spent just a few minutes on this and while they were reasonably well-formed (so to speak) I was landing them all on two feet.  Oh well.
  • salchow - bleah.  Last week was better, unfortunately.  I'm still rushing too much.
  • loop prep -- on the wall again.  I am starting to have a feel for what I'm supposed to do, but I'm a long way from doing it on open ice.  Urgh.
After my lesson I had some time so I worked some more on toe loop and salchow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home