Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, November 06, 2015

Power

I had my power lesson with Holly today on the Gilbert adult skate.  I had about 5 minutes to warm up.  I managed to land a toe loop on one foot :-) but it was a bit cheated :-(.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- not too bad. Good speed, I think.  I really need to time myself on this to have some objective measure.
  • slaloms -- straight into this from stroking.  Ugh.  My quads were killing me by the end and I notice I'm getting some chatter from my R blade.  Holly thinks it's dull blades.  I'm not sure.
  • swizzles -- a lap forward and backward each.  
  • swizzle-hop - one lap forward and one lap backward.  Holly held my hands for the first half of each.  Ugh.  So hard forward and so hard to do when I'm tired and my quads ache.  But I did okay.
  • slaloms around the circle -- like 3 laps of these, once around each hockey circle in each direction (just forward though).  I really suck at these.
  • crossovers around the circle -- a couple laps of FXOs (alternating directions like the Pre-pre pattern), then a couple laps of of 2 FXOs, mohawk, 2 BXOs, mohawk, transition to the other circle.  Yuck.   The step forward from the clockwise BXO was really hard as she wanted me doing it to the RFI edge not LFI.  Yuck.
  • lunges - a lap of alternating lunges.  Holly held my hands for the first half then I did the second half on my own.
Whew!  I was totally wiped out at the end of these and again, a little light-headed though I did eat beforehand.  Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home