Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Spins & Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- I had warmed up with these and we wound up spending about 20 minutes on them.  We worked a lot on always leaning into the circle. I hadn't really realized until JJ told me, but after the 3 you have to shift over so that your weight is still inside the circle now that you're going backward.  JJ had me really reaching the free leg inside the circle after the 3.  It's kind of a different approach.  We'll see how this works.
  • waltz jump -- just a few of these.  I did a couple that were not that great and then reminded myself to not be sloppy, after which I did a pretty nice one.
  • toe loop -- these are not quite back where they were but considering how little ice time I have had, not too bad at all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home