Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

5-Step Mohawk; Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • 5-step mohawk -- ugh.  I warmed up with these a little.  JJ had me work to really push the heel down on the BO edge. I did manage it a couple of times; it was sort of scary because... it just flowed, lol.  Like seriously, that is the point, but it was kind of scary.
  • waltz jump -- just a couple of minutes.  I can do these nicely when I concentrate.
  • toe loop -- I really know all the things I need to do for this, it's mostly making them all happen and not leaving something important out.  I'm still not really remembering (consistently) to get a good check position when I pick in, and not remembering to let it come alllll the way around before I jump.  It's getting better though.  I'm kind of frustrated that I had these better and then I was off and it kind of went away :-(.  Oh well.
After my lesson I talked with JJ about my boots. It looks like I may need new ones after sectionals.  Grrr.  These boots will be 5 years old by then, though, so it's not like I didn't get some use out of them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home