Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 03, 2015

Preliminary Test, Alt-3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ© as usual.  I warmed up with edges and scribed some circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- actually, pretty good.  A little diagonal on the return to center on the L foot but in general pretty nice.  Lineup on the pushes was nice, too.
  • FI8 -- nice.
  • Waltz-8 -- doing a better job holding the circle longer on the BO edge.  The step forward is still problematic.
  • alternating 3s -- this is the move from the Pre-pre test (was on the APB moves test when I first started, also).  I wanted to work on these because it embodies a lot of my problem areas as far as controlling my 3s (3s to center and power-3s) and the step forward (power-3s, 3s to center and waltz-8 though sometimes that's a mohawk and sometimes a choctaw).  So we worked on them me by myself, and then I asked Lynne to hold my hand after the turn so I could feel what the position should be like.  This was quite the eye-opener!  The biggest problem really seems to be that my hips close after the 3 (poor check) and I have a hard time opening them again.  This got a little better though.  
After my lesson I had a few minutes so I worked on the alt-3s a bit more -- they were actually a bit better so yay!  Then a little time on serpentines.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home