Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Perseverance

I skated the 5:30 p.m. FS at Chandler as usual for practice.  About 11 skaters and 6 coaches.  It's hard to run moves on this session because everyone's constantly running programs so I stuck with spins and jumps.  I managed one 3.5 rev spin (yay) but most were pretty bad.  No good salchows.  Some okay toe loops and waltz jumps.  I also spent a little time on the waltz-toe combo with a little bit of success.  I have to remind myself that it's okay to sit on the RBO after the waltz jump and spend a second or two to prep the toe loop.

I had just sharpened my blades over the weekend but they weren't too bad so it didn't bug me too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home