Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Spins & Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert. I warmed up with some BXOs and jumps and spins.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- I was working on these when we started, so we spent 10-12 minutes on them.  I did a couple of 3 rev spins (these were all from standing start).  I'm getting better at not bailing out too quickly, so that's good.  Still a lot to do.
  • waltz jump -- just a couple to warm up.  Not bad.
  • salchow -- I did a couple that were not bad and a bunch that stunk.  The good ones feel more relaxed so I'm trying to focus on that, not rush things.
  • toe loop -- I managed to land most of these on one foot, so yay me!   Still not consistent in bringing in around all the way on the takeoff though.
  • waltz-toe -- just one of these at the very end.  It was actually pretty good!  I was happy.  It was a nice gift to end the lesson :-).
After we got off the ice JJ worked with me for about 5 minutes on off-ice spins.  I thought I had put my spinner in my bag, but apparently not, so JJ let me use his little plastic one.  Ugh, so awkward off-ice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home