Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, December 11, 2015

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I was really happy to bump into Stephanie W. at the rink when I got there.  She's just recently returned to skating and I'm really happy for her.  And of course on the adult session we had myself, Ward, Heidi, Melissa, Liana and another skater I don't know so a good crowd.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- of course.  A full two laps.
  • slaloms -- a full lap forward (ugh!) and a full lap backward.  The backward ones were not as bad as I was expecting.
  • lunges -- 2 laps!  ugh.  Actually though, these are not bad.  I noticed the R side lunges go out to the side but I can do the L side ones straight.  Holly says it's probably both a strength and flexibility issue that will undoubtedly get better as I do them more :-).
  • twizzle-things -- down the line again.  These are still difficult and awkward for me.
  • waltz jumps -- she had me do 3 in a row, and then 4.  Ugh.  I'd never done that but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It did get me a little dizzy though.
  • slaloms on the circle -- just forward.  These are really hard for me for some reason.
And of course a closing lap of stroking, and some laps of stroking in the middle of all that. Ugh.  I could really tell I'd skipped 2 Fridays!  Holly said she wants to do bunny hops next week. Eeep!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home