Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Preliminary Test & Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Gilbert adult skate.  I was running a little late so Lynne scribed circles while I warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- ugh.  Like last week, I'm having issues getting around the circle.  This hasn't been a problem for so long that it's freaking me out.  It's either a) my newly sharpened blades, b) Gilbert's ice, or c) me.  I'm guessing c) but it's weirding me out.  Anyway I need to fix this.
  • FI8 - better than last week, though my flow is still not what it was :-(.
  • waltz-8 -- actually, really (surprisingly!) nice!  I think these were overall the best I've ever done.  3s were decent, I did a good job of holding the BO edge, step forward was still "out" a bit but not nearly as bad as it has been, and return to center was okay.  We did two sets and they were both pretty good. Yay!
  • serpentines -- mmmph.  Having issues getting around the circle (see above!).  Transitions were not too bad, though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home