Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Spins & Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  It was really nice to share the ice with Sam, who's visiting for the holidays :-).  I warmed up with spins, jumps and of course stroking.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- The first one I did was really good, 4 revs!!  So naturally the rest were not as good. *sigh* The first one felt very relaxed and I just couldn't seem to get back to that happy place :--(.
  • toe loop -- just so-so.  Even when I do a better job of keeping my arms to the right before I pick in, JJ says I'm turning my head too soon.  I think we fixed this.  The last one was a bit cheated but had nice lift, and I landed on one foot.
  • backspin -- We had not really worked on these in some time.  Just doing an RFI3 from the line and crossing the free foot.  This actually wasn't that bad, I think because of the work Holly's had me do on the twizzly things.
  • loop jump -- on the wall.  After the work we'd just done with the backspin this actually felt pretty easy.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home