Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, December 18, 2015

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I warmed up with stroking and some jumps.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- as usual.
  • pushing -- pushing Holly around the rink while she braked; one lap, then a lap of stroking.  Eeep.  This has gotten a lot better though.
  • slaloms -- forward slaloms, 1.5 laps.  These things kill my quads.  I'm not sure they have gotten any better, either.
  • swing rolls -- FI swing rolls down the line.
  • cross rolls -- FO crossrolls down the line.  I don't get those nice deep lobes Holly has when she demonstrates :-(.
  • twizzly-things -- yuck.  The R side has gotten a lot better, the L side is still pretty weak.
  • BXOs -- around the hockey circles.  The better side was not too bad, actually.  Still need to get down in my knees more on the weaker side.
  • lunges -- alternating lunges, 1 lap.  These have gotten a lot better for sure but they are very tiring!
Due to the holidays and some travel I won't have a power lesson again 'til January :-(

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home