Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz jump -- today we worked on improving my entry and takeoff.  I do okay on the back edge  but after I step forward it's... step forward JUMP.  I bring the arms forward but never really bring them back so they can help me spring up.  So ... we worked on that.  Unfortunately that also involves actually holding the LFO a little which is not a strong point.  Not a lot of progress.
  • salchow -- we made a little progress on this as far as not over-checking the 3 (I was tending to lean outside the circle as I was so concerned about being over my skating side after the turn) and bringing the free hip around on the takeoff.
No lessons next week as I'll be traveling for work. :-(

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home