Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Preliminary Test & Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Gilbert adult skate.  Since there's no Ice CafĂ© during Christmas break we were at Gilbert.  As it turned out we had the ice to ourselves for about half the lesson.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- Like two weeks ago, I had some issues on the RFO :-(.  Not sure if this is something to do with the recent sharpening or what, but I'm sure being off last week didn't help.
  • FI8 -- okay except for one of the LFIs was rough, which doesn't normally happen.
  • waltz-8 -- actually not that bad (surprising!).  About the same as two weeks ago, I'm doing an okay job of holding the BO edge and the step forward is a little better also.
  • serpentines -- meh. My flow was not very good so I didn't make it around any of the 1.5 circles at all :-(.  FOI was not too bad, FIO was a bit rougher than in the past .
After my lesson I had a little time so I worked on BO8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home