Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 01, 2016

Perseverance

I skated the 3:30 p.m. FS at Chandler today for practice.  It was quiet (just me and Midori).

I had a pretty good skate.  Worked on Bronze moves for about 20 minutes, then some time on jumps.  I actually was able to do the arms correctly (mostly) on my waltz jump!  Worked on toe loop and made a little progress, I think.  Did some salchows and they were actually not bad!  The good ones feel very relaxed and free -- need to hang on to that idea.

After that I ran my free skate with music.  It was actually not bad!  A little rough in a couple places but generally okay.  I need to keep running it every time I skate.

I finished off working a little on the backspin and loop jump exercises JJ's had me working on.  All in all a pretty good skate!

I am finally getting my music cut for my new showcase dramatic program.  I'm going to start working on that in a week or so.  Tammy J. is going to choreograph it for me.  I'm really psyched to get started!  Unfortunately I don't think I can compete it at MidWinter so it will have to debut at PCAS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home