Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Choreo!

My choreo session with Tammy (new showcase dramatic) on the  7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Tammy had a lesson to teach first so I had a good long warmup.  I ran most of Bronze Moves (except 5-step), then worked on jumps and spins.  After some not so good ones, I actually did some nice salchows!  yay!  Toe loops were not really cooperating though.

We began working through the program.  Here's what we have so far, as I can remember :-) :

  • look right - arm
  • look left - arm
  • LFO crossroll, arms
  • Chaîné turns - LFO x 3
  • Swizzle back (?) w/arms
  • BXO x 2 into a one-foot spin
  • backward stroking x 4
  • BXOs, step forward inside
  • attitude
  • Mohawk/cross foot R, L, R (?)
  • side toe hop
  • LFO3
  • BXO CW/balance/2 BXOS CCW
  • waltz jump
  • 2x bunny hop
  • lunge
  • toe loop
The last part is a bit approximate and there are some things I'm not entirely sure about, but that's the gist.  In all I think we are about halfway done, maybe a bit more, though there's lots of tweaking and learning to do. 

I'm really stoked.  I got the final cut from Michael on Saturday and it's awesome.  Tammy is fun to work with for choreo.  I'm just now getting started on a costume and that might be an issue but we'll see.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home