Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Jumps & Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Chandler.  Just 4 of us on the ice.  I warmed up with some Bronze moves then some jumps.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz jump -- reminding myself to do the entry correctly (arms back and then through/up).
  • toe loop -- ugh.  JJ reminded me I need to keep looking into the circle after the 3 until I pick in.  And then be patient and bring it around!  He had me do an exercise on the circle to do basically a chaîné turn (funny how these things come around) RFI3s while keeping looking into the circle.  It did help a bit.
  • salchow -- I did some nice ones and then I started overthinking too much and they got worse.  yuck.
  • spins -- from windup.  A couple that weren't too bad.  JJ reminded me to try to step more back the way I came when I step forward.  That really helped.
After my lesson we talked some more about my boots.  I really do need new ones; I checked and I bought these boots in March 2011!! Yikes.  We're still talking about what to get.  I will probably stick with Riedells since I have narrow feet and they do seem to fit me well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home