Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Choreo!

I skated the 9:10 FS at Chandler for choreo with Tammy.  Just two skaters on the ice! I had a half hour warmup so I ran through Bronze Moves, then warmed up jumps and ran my free skate.

First we did some refresher on the program as we have it.  Tammy had watched me during warmup  and decided she wanted to change the mohawk-cross from R-L-R to two right-foots in a row.  Next, we worked on the elements we had talked about at the end of the last session, the elements after the waltz jump.  These will now be FXO, stroke-stroke, bunnyhop (x2), lunge, toe loop.  We worked on bunnyhop since a) I don't like them and b) I'd not done one in like 3 years.  So we spent some time relearning those and it was okay (key learning: bend the skating knee to get into the bunnyhop).  Tammy also asked me if I could do a half-flip and I demonstrated one, so we might put one in somewhere (perhaps in place of the current side toe hop).

We reviewed that section and then briefly worked on the last part, which will be slalom-slalom two-foot spin/turn kind of thing, then a spin and final pose.  The slalom move is very similar to ones I had in my "100 Years" program.

Right now the program looks like:
  • look right - arm
  • look left - arm
  • LFO crossroll, arms
  • chaîné turns - LFO x 3
  • swizzle back w/arms
  • BXO x 2 into a one-foot spin
  • backward stroking x 4
  • BXOs, step forward inside
  • attitude
  • mohawk/cross foot Rx2
  • side toe hop
  • LFO3
  • BXO CW/balance/2 BXOS CCW
  • waltz jump
  • FXO
  • 2x bunny hop
  • lunge
  • toe loop
  • slalom L, slalom R w/arms 
  • two-foot spin/turn
  • spin
  • pose
I feel like we've made really good progress in just two sessions!  There's an awful lot of polishing to do though.  Still I'm now pretty confident this can be ready for Sectionals.  Yay!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home