Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Preliminary Test, 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I just had time to scribe circles before our lesson.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- in general pretty good.  Still wide-stepping the BI takeoff a bit, but I'm doing a better job of getting the foot over and my balance is good.  First couple of BI lobes seemed a bit small.
  • FO8 -- a little shaky in places but okay.
  • FI8 -- pretty good.
  • waltz-8 -- ugh.  The first couple were bad and I put my foot down.  Started again and had issues on the other foot.  Restarted all over again and they were better.  At their best they are maybe 70 - 80% of passing, but mostly not.  Still I do feel I'm making progress, it's just slow.  I need more practice time.
  • 3s to center -- mmph.   I did one LFO3 that was really pretty nice!  In generally that side is better (duh).  The RFO3... I'm still tending to throw my hip into it.  My knees are too stiff on these, that's a large part of the problem. Grrr.
After my lesson I worked on 3s a bit more, then BO8 and BI8.

This is my last time in this time slot for a while; summer schedules mean I have to shift my lesson schedule too. Oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home