Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Preliminary Test, B8s

My lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  We started a little early, so I just had time to scribe circles before we started.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- Pretty good.  First lobe of the BI is still a bit small but the turnout on the initial edge and push is better.  I was pretty happy.
  • FO8 -- pretty nice.  First RFO was a little large (I've noticed this problem recently) but I fixed it on the subsequent circles.
  • FI8 -- pretty nice.
  • waltz-8 -- also pretty nice, actually.  Some small issues and I'm still going out on a bit on the step forward; but the BO edge and the placement of the step forward is pretty good.  I was pleased with my progress on these.
  • BO8 -- wow!  I'm not sure where this came from, but these were really good!  I was so happy!  They felt controlled and generally spot-on.
  • BI8 -- meh.  We've not looked at these in a while so my expectations were low.  I'm not quite getting around the circle, either side.  The initial push was weak, but my position and edge were actually pretty good so I wasn't too disappointed.  Needs some work.
After my lesson I worked a bit more on waltz-8, then some time on 3s to center followed by some work on 3s in general to try to get them more smooth and controlled.  Then a couple of minutes on serpentines so that I could say I worked on all the figures I know today!

G

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home