Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate, as usual.  I warmed up with stroking and some BXOs and power-3s.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- of course.  2 laps.
  • slaloms -- forward and back.  Ugh. 
  • cross strokes -- well, sort of. Forward and back about 2 laps of each (well, more on the back ones).  Holly held my hands on the back ones.  The step itself is okay on the forward ones but the edge doesn't curve around like Holly's does.  And the back -- Holly held my hands the whole time.  They did get better though.  After this I voluntarily did a lap and a half of stroking as I thought we were done... but not quite...
  • BXOs -- Holly wanted to see if the cross strokes helped these, so I did a couple of circles of CW BXOs.  They actually weren't bad but of course that's my easier side.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home