Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Spins, 5-Step Mohawk

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  This was a makeup lesson for last week due to my schedule being crazy then.

I warmed up with some Bronze moves and then some spins.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- from a standing start.  I did a couple that were okay.  I don't know what to say about these other than that my summary/translation is that I need to relax and not force things, and then do the other things I already know I'm supposed to do.
  • 5-step mohawk -- urph.  After running these once we concentrated on the LFI mohawk since it's the worst.  Working on having more control and opening the hip more.  I can do a really great one on the wall!  But on the ice, not so much.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home