Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert, as usual.  3 skaters and 3 coaches!  Ice was a little bumpy though.

Today's lesson was just spins.  It's my major point of frustration after PCAS and we really haven't worked on them much so it was overdue.

We started by doing an exercise that was just LFO3 -> back 2-foot turn.  Ugh.  I had not done any back two foot turns for a long, long time -- since I was working on back-3s with Lynne.  So they were pretty rusty and bit scary.

After some time on that we went ahead and did a bunch of spins from the windup.   JJ wanted me to look to the left more on the step forward, and of course the usual things also applied (bending the knee on the step forward, holding the free leg back, arms out, don't rush).  I did a couple that were 2 revs or so but I'm always getting WAY up on my toe.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home