Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 01, 2016

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate as usual.  A bit more crowded than Tuesday :-) with 8 skaters and 2 coaches.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- not too bad.
  • slaloms -- of course.  I am not getting any RIP on the left foot, only on the right.
  • fwd swizzles -- 1.5 laps.
  • crossrolls -- 1 lap.  Ugh.  My lobes are slow and very shallow.
  • FXOs -- around the circles, then FXO-Mo-BXo-Mo around each circle.  
  • Half swizzles -- around the circles, forward and back.  Not too bad, actually.  Okay speed and she only made me do one of each so my quads were not burning too badly.
  • power pulls -- around the circle  a couple of times on each foot.  Ugh.  Although I guess there is some improvement.
  • lunges -- one lap. Not bad, actually.
  • pushing -- pushing Holly backward (braking w/her toepicks).  Not too bad.
  • back swizzle hops -- ugh I hate these things!  And I was so tired.  I survived.
  • side toe hops on the line -- ugh. I did them but they weren't great.
Heart rate mid lesson was 167!  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home