Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

New Boots Still!

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert as usual.  I love this session, it's not crowded and the ice is usually not too beat up.

This was only my second time in my new boots so I'm still a little "Bambi on ice"... JJ took a few moments to look at my boots and the blade install/alignment.  Alignment looks really good.  He says they are set a smidge back from the front of the boot, which is not usual practice, but shouldn't matter.

We kept it simple, starting with forward stroking and then some backward stroking and swizzles.  I feel like I am back on my heels more in these boots (probably because I need to lean into the tongue more) which is a bit disturbing.

All in all not the most productive lesson, but we did get a chance to catch up my PT status and also some evaluation of my performance at PCAS so it's all good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home