Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 04, 2016

2016 PCAS Practice Ice

Skate buddy Melissa and I had a late arrival in Artesia Thursday night due to a wreck on I-10, so my 6 a.m. practice ice was not exactly something I was looking forward to.  Nevertheless we were at the rink around 5:30 a.m.

Practice ice went pretty well.  There were only 3 of us on it, which was nice.  The ice was pretty good, but hard (fast!) and there were quite a few ruts.  The ruts were small, though, and more a distraction than an actual problem.

I spent most of my time working on the Dramatic program, especially the bunnyhop, the toe loop, and spins. I got a couple of decent spins.  My toe loops were cheated but mostly landed on one foot.  Bunnyhop was okay.  Then I ran my program with music and it was pretty good.  Finally I had a little time so I worked on salchow a bit.  Not too great, but okay.

After practice ice I had almost 3 hours to kill so I got some food and rested a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home