Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Power!

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  This was postponed from Friday due to the test session that day.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- 2 laps
  • slaloms - one lap? 2?
  • forward swizzles -- one lap.
  • slide swing rolls -- FI and BI swing rolls sliding the free foot.  Ugh.  I'm trying to get deeper edges.  The BI ones were a little awkward at first.
  • toe-toe-toe-toe -- several toe-y things, first, two turns all on toepicks, then, toe-toe and side toe hop.  Eeep.  These went better than I expected though, so yay me!
  • lunges -- one lap.
  • back swizzles -- not too bad.
I do think this stuff has gotten better.  And I'm not nearly as exhausted so that is something I guess.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home